Pages

Friday, 18 September 2015

true colours

Imagine a place where you could let it all go. 
Strip your cover. 
Strip the walls you've built for protection, Strip the ones you built from yourself. 
Strip the realities you've created in your mind. 
Strip the things people have told you, the things you've told yourself. 
Who's left standing? 
Is it someone who knows themself through and through? 
And lives it every day? Authentic. 

A lot of us don't live authentic lives.
We build and build, covering ourselves with false pretenses and false truths.
You can hide from a lot. 
You can hide so much that one day you look in the mirror and forget how you got there. 
How you created the person staring back at you. 
So angry. 
So fake. 
So alone. 
Surrounded by reasons to be angry,
lies you've told yourself you needed,
and people who've never inspired you.
A lot of people never look to see the realness in the people around them.
It's probably because they're busy doing the same thing.
We get caught up proving to the world, 
proving to ourselves,
that we've got it all figured out and don't need anyone's help doing so. 
Everyone's just in the way.
Often times I'm told I shouldn't have done this, or that.
I find that humorous.
If they only knew.

My joy comes from sharing. 
My joy comes from listening.
It comes from creating. 
Creating myself and those around me. 
From doing. 
From -being-. 
My joy comes from my true self. 
My joy comes from loving. 
And in return, the world is blessing me. 
Life is.

It's not a race and I'm no better than the stranger beside me. 
But I have something a lot of others don't. It's myself. It's faith. 
It's a peace that I know many search for in a lot of the wrong places. 
I did that too. 
But I listened to the realness inside. 
I listened to that longing for something more, something greater. 
Far beyond bank accounts, new toys, drunken nights and instant hook ups. 
Maybe when you're tired of it too, you'll pay more attention to what's going on on your inside too.
And maybe then you'll see that we're not that different.
:)

-someoneversusthesea-